View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
^^^ how can it be to much of a kit car?? thats like saying the enzo is to much of a race car.
I'm sure you know what i was getting at. An Ultima is a race-car for the road, whereas the Enzo is an overtly sporting road car, not a track/race car (that's the FXX).

The Enzo would be left for dust by an Ultima simply because the Ultima is about as uncompromised as you can go on the road - i've sat in one and it is a bare as fuck, and very nosiy (even though it wasn't moving). I haven't sat in an Enzo, but it surely does a better job of looking after the occupants than an Ultima - you would not want to drive the Ultima across Europe, there is simply too much of a gap between the race tracks, yet in an Enzo, the M-way/A-bahn's are easily travelled and the race tracks are a bit of fun, but the Enzo is not the last word in on track performance.

PS - the Ultima isn't a series production car like the Enzo, it is tapped up in some bloke's shed using a toolbox - "but that's how ferrari started" .... well look at them now.