Thread: Audi B7 RS4
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #39
LotusGT1
Regular User

LOL, maybe you should first answer my questions. I'll make it easy for you and quote my last post. Get your facts straight for once....

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Why? The S is the sports edition of Audi. The 330i is a mainstream 3-series, competing with the A4 3.2 FSI. That's a weak argument.

Even more when you consider the S4 has a 4.2 V8, how the hell should that compete with a 3 liter I-6 not built for performance, as the 330i is. The price difference is huge too IIRC. The S4 has around 340hp, same as the M3. Can't get more close than that. So sorry, but it's BS.

Still, the old RS4 couldn't match the regular M3 around the track, let alone the CSL. Why should I think the next M3 won't kill the current RS4?
About the unfair advantage of the Quattros, the advantage was unfair because the negative side of the AWD system (its weight) got eliminated by the equal weight regulations for all cars. In other words, Audi could go further making the A4 lighter to compensate for the heavier AWD system, hence the unfair advantage. In a class FIA looking for equal opportunties that didn't match.

I never debated the A4 hasn't been an impressive touring car, the current S4 and RS4 aren't that impressive however. Heavy, boring looking and not the most fun to drive in its class (as said by experts).

We can't argue on personal preference, but get your facts straight before arguing on facts....