View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by racer_f50
Originally Posted by Fleischmann
I never really lied metallica, they always were a rather average band to me. As for St-Anger was it just me or the effect they got from the drums was pathetic. I know it was done intentionally, but it sounded like a 3 year old playing, smacking away with a pen on a desk.

I'm much more interested in the fast approaching 4th album by Godsmack, the first song has already been released for streaming: http://www.godsmack.com/news/news.asp?item=14720 (.wma or .rm) The official release date is 25th April.
That's funny in a way, because I've always thought of Metallica as the greatest of all time, and Godsmack as just an average, every-song-sounds-alike band Honestly, I listened to their first big CD one time, and none of the songs stood out as being creative or different from the others.

I will agree on the drum sounds of St. Anger. If they'd have deepened those or quieted them a bit the album would sound far better, but I still love it.

Whoever produces it, I'm really looking forward to the new Metallica album
i've seen metallica... um... a lot of times and godsmack twice... godsmack songs have a tendancy to blend in with each other... part of what makes Metallica one of the all time greats is the fact that their music is anything but consistant... time changes, tempo changes, key changes... all of it brought about by the advent of recording some cool riff on tape... then putting all the parts together.... ITS AWSOME... and was in thier last albumn quite a lot... but the distortion/drums... oh... and leads that werent there... at least they were there live