View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #36
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
3 Straights after one another more or less:roll:
very short straights... on tight circuits such as this... an extra .3 g will negate 100 hp... as the slower cornering car has to make up ... depending on a turn...a 5+mph difference... the lenght of those straights is definately decieving to scale... 1.6 miles... yes, a hi-po car will make up a difference... but it also has to brake earlier even if it has the same cornering ability... so there again... the NSX/F360 would seem to win out... less weight = better braking power... so the hevier C6 has to even brake earlier as its supposedly going faster in the straights... and weighs more.... mabey its just a better car overall?
No disrespect,
right back at ya
but cars are more than specs and numbers to me. I'm just going to wait and see till its been out awhile and been tested before I can say it takes corners as good as the best. and I hope it does, at that price it would be amazing.
agreed... this is why so many mustang cobras, and Lightnings are able to push Corvettes, and Z06's on the street... a lot comes down to the drivers own ability to be comfortable pushing his car.... so often, the car is way beyond the driver in terms of true sports cars... including NSX-R's and F360's and F430's, CGT's, Enzos etc. and even in the case of cars like the F50 GT... it has to be pushed hard to work right... othewise, it just isn't generating the heat in the tires/brakes... the d/f needed...

But giving me laps times doe'nt prove it can take corners as good as the big dogs, its most likely means its got a bigger engine than them.
is this why the Bugatti Veyron does the NS in 8:30??? (equalling a Z4)