View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #35
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by Daggernite
Grrr nthfinity Grrr. Fair enough i have no problem with your estimation. But STILL the NSX-R must handle better if it can stay close to the 500bhp Z06. Same with the ferrari. The Corvette is only getting fast times because of the massive engine. Like this whole discussion is about, the Ferrari and NSX-R have better handling, thats the only point im trying to make, i mean the NSX-R has 280bhp. I rest my case.
LMAO
you were pointing out that on a tight track, the Vette would fair much worse... i simply disproved that falacy.
the NSX-R also hits the scalse much less then even a Z06... yes, it is a good handler... but on a tight circuit... its only .2 seconds faster then a C6
C6
3259 lb. car
NSX-R
2900 lb car
F360
3064 lb car
NSX-R
22 bhp / kg (10lb/hp)
C6
.27 bhp / kg (8.1lb/hp)
F360 .29bhp/kg (7.66lb/hp)

the straights arent so long that even hi-po cars make up the difference

about "and ferraris having better handling" may i remind you that it has just as much power C6, and the C6 is faster/heavier/same power.

you simply buy into a badge there... a very nice F1 winning badge (well, not last year... but not any renaults seem race inspired in production today)

3 Straights after one another more or less:roll: and that nordkurve could probably be taken as a straight anyway all you gotta do is brake by the looks of it, its like a super long straight . No disrespect, what your saying makes sense, estimations seem fair and everything, but cars are more than specs and numbers to me. I'm just going to wait and see till its been out awhile and been tested before I can say it takes corners as good as the best. and I hope it does, at that price it would be amazing. But giving me laps times doe'nt prove it can take corners as good as the big dogs, its most likely means its got a bigger engine than them.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote