View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #50
TT
Regular User

swissbirdsightings LOL! Good idea!

SDK, I wouldn't call the Pro 1 a point-and-shoot camera! Yes it's still an amateur camera, but closer to an SLR than to an IXUS IMO. I never used the automated modes but always worked in the "creative" ones. As far as settings go, the Pro 1 and the 350D are very similar.
Of course the 350 waits more, the telelense is long and I indeed need to adjust to it.

For sure I am learning again despite the similarities and it's so stressing to be in town and know I could see a supercar passing by and end up with a fucked up pic

Today I got a couple of cars, I think the pictures are ok:

dark day, late at afternoon, ence ISO 200 to have decent speed, F blocked at 4.5 to help
Around 135mm

One of the best shots, 100mm. Focused on a fixed point and not used the constant focusing

And 90mm, easy

This was the only pic I could take at 90mm with the filter.. then the sun went away.

I only need to test indepth the 18-55 in town with filter

And since the first night testing pissed me off, I tried some more:

45mm ISO 200 F6.0

55mm ISO 200 F7.0

90mm ISO100 F4.5

135mm ISO 100 F6.0

These shots are ok, but I got MANY blurry ones. The 300mm lense sure has focusing troubles at night at least. And while on the LCD the result seems ok, it isn't once in the PC. From 200mm on, it seems to focus proprely but doesn't in fact.
Please don't tell me I need to learn how to focus. After some thousands car pics in the last couple of years I think I know how to do it. I tried both the automated method to let the camera pic one or more of the 7 focusing points and also blocked it on the center one.. no reall change, still sometimes good, sometimes bad focusing, and maybe it's just me beeing blind, but can't judge the result from the LCD as I could on the Pro 1 :bah:

More testing needed, I will crack the bastard, but I guess it's not just me.
Tomorrow I will try on the tripod at 200 to 300mm to see if it can focus better with daylight