View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 07:02 AM   #22
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Nice TT, glad you can eventually join the 350D club Getting used to mine took a little while but after a few weeks u know exactly where everything is and a complex camera turns into your best friend.

Image quality is superb.

I would give you some advice though - save up for some L lenses instead of buying regular/3rd party.

When you stick an L lense on your 350D you WILL notice the difference, and it REALLY makes the 350D alive. You really aren't unleashing this camera's full potential unless you go for high quality L lenses. I suggest the 80-200 F4L, possibly with an 1.4X extender for track stuff and a smaller L zoom lense - possibly the 350D specific L lenses they do for close up work. This is all you will need for at least a few years

Happy snapping
If you really need the long focal lenght, you're better off with a fast prime (300 or 400mm) than using an extender on a regular base. Allthough the 1.4x is quite okay, you'll still sacrifice a lot of image quality. Other good option is the 100-400 L.

Top-tip for the midrange is the Tamron 28-75 2.8. Very fast for a zoom at F/2.8, optical results are comparable if not better than the Canon 24-70 F/2.8 L. Off course the Canon will focus faster with it's USM, but it's also 4 times as expensive.

Originally Posted by skituner
congrants man i just got the same cam same lenes too dident get the battery grip but im thinking about getting one, how do you like?
Get one, you'll love it. Since I bought mine, I only removed it once, to look up the serial number of my camera.

Pro's:
- longer battery-live (I've got 4 batteries, never ran out of them)
- better handling, especially in portrait
- better weight balance with heavier lenses (well, it still looks a bit out of place on the back of, say, a 70-200 2.8 IS)