View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #24
TT
Regular User

Let's try to clear things a little... if we keep saying what we "require" is because ppl keep asking.. basically the best for us would just be to stay silent and see who really enjoys the community.. and after some days / weeks, just add him to the group able to download, informing him and so on...

Of course when ppl ask and we answer them, we know that a wave of new posters will arrive. It's sort of a pain for me too since I have to read everything
Sure I know lot of old topics where brought back to life, but that was not a surprise..

And again, I'll repeat again: we don't do that to be Nazi or something like that.. if we have to limit access is to keep the forum alive... of course we'd like to use every single GB of bandwidth providing stuff to everybody, but we simply can't and again, we love our community, so it's obvious that the first thing we have to kill when the site has problems, are the vids.. and if we have to limit the access we have to use some kind of method to choose them...

The post flooding was not really that bad IMO.. bit scary sure but things slowed already down, and in some weeks we will see the users that really enjoy their stay around here and I hope the pleasure would be for them too, having found a good place to hang around...

To apply rules is never nice, we already tried to have strick rules about post counts, or comments posted or something like that, but ppl were still bitching, so now we have no more "real rules".. we just us our judgment, that's all..
That can seem even worst, but maybe that will help keeping ppl "honest"... useless to say "minumum posts required are 200"... because during the night 10 or 20 ppl will post 200 times and get there...

I don't know if my point is understandeable or not, but I begin to be tired to explain over and over again in the forums or via PM how we feel about the situation and so on...