View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #20
XTwinTurboVR4X
Regular User

Originally Posted by frodefe
Make donations easy and safe - and you have one happy donator here
any donations will be via paypal, its easy and safe for end users, and as we already have a system in place for it the perfect solution - sure they charge a fee but so does any other payment gateway system so there's no gain by changing to an alternate system

as for merchandising, that's been looked at before and although its a good idea a few places got scared by the name 'jabbasworld' and refused because of copyright worries.. I guess we could change the site name then that won't be a problem, but I think that its something that probably has to go on the back burner for the moment

upgrade options, well there's only 2 choices really:
#1 - move to a similar spec server as we have now but with 100mb full duplex network connection.. this would solve the network issues we keep having and allow downloads at an unlimited speed to everyone
#2 - move to higher spec server with 100mbit network connection, curing the connection issues and leaving more room for future improvements and growth of the site, and curing the server load problems.

personally I'd really like it to be #2, for 2 main reasons.. first I dont want to have to move everything to a new server more times than necessary, and 2nd and most importantly, as you've probably noticed once we get a few people online the page generation times go up quite a bit, and ATM its possible for one person requesting a 'heavy' page many times in a short period of time to knock the server over so no one can get any pages .. a faster cpu / more ram and better hard drives would really help in this area

as it is I already optimised a lot of code to help and it has, although unless I strip out a lot of the site features (not going to happen) we will still sometimes have a server load problem and that isn't going away until we get a faster server

Performance Numbers: 465awhp/482ft-lbs @ 24psi or ~550 flywheel horses.
Performance Modifications: AAM Air Intakes, AAM Fuel Rails, AEM EMS, ATR Downpipe, ATR Test Pipe, Blitz SBC-id, Blitz Power Meter, Blitz Turbo Timer, Borla Catback Exhaust, Brembo Rotors, Chrome Y-Pipe, Eibach Ground Control Coil 2.0" Drop, Fidanza Fly Wheel, Goodrich Steel Braided Brake Lines, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Greddy boost/EGT/Fuel-Air gauges, Gutted Precats, HKS Intercoolers, HKS Intercooler Hard Pipes, HKS Hi-Flow Fuel Pump, HKS DLi Ignition, HKS Sequential BOV, Accel Wires, NGK Spark Plugs (0.033"), RPS Stage-3 Sprung 6-disks Clutch, SMC alchohol kit, T.E.C Front Strut Bar, Dynamic Racing 650R Turbochargers, 720cc injectors, Spec-800 Race Engine built by AAM with JE forged pistons/Crower forged rods.

Non-Performance Mods: 94VR4 to 98VR4 conversion, HID headlights, Konig Villains 18x9, Kumho 265X18X35, Real Leather Shift Knob Cover, Synthetic fluids. Polished by Dave Best: Manifold, HKS intercooler pipes, exhaust covers, 3000GT VR4 spark plug cover.

Powder Coated Red by Dave Best: Valve Covers