View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
honda accord mileage? what mpg do you get on average in your z06?
ON the open road cruising - as I did on the last 2400 mile round trip I did 3 weeks ago - 27mpg.. - in a mellow mood you can get 29mpg.

That's about 8.5l/100km.

Yeah - yeah - yeah - so Accords can squeeze out 35mpg on a good day....

Urban cycle can be from 12mpg to 19mpg - all depends how you drive.

The C6 Z06 should be in the same range - it has missed gas-guzzler tax yet again
god damn.. 27mpg.. and you have 385hp on tap..
i get about 22mpg in my RAV4 goin from Boston to New York.. if i was real leanient on the throttle i could probably get 25-26.. but thats with a inline-4!
Yep - and now that I have 420hp on tap the fuel mileage is still the same...

Originally Posted by yg60m
Is it a game between Speedkillar and RC ??
Anyway, as I already said, I am sure the C6 Z06 will be a great car and I would be disappointed if the mags reviews are not good !!
Nah - we'd rather recruit 100 Viper drivers than have him cross to our side...

We're all prepared for the magazines to praise the speed, power and handling of the new Z06 - but then in the follow on paragraph they will say that even though it's equal or better to any sports car in the world, that it is not refined enough or luxurious enough or not enough hp/l or not built well enough or not reliable enough etc etc etc.

And that's ok - because many thousands of people will buy them even though they know these facts

Seems to me, that makes it as true of a drivers car as Lambo and Ferrari - as many people bought those through the years even though for many years, Ferrari's and Lambos had reputations for low reliability and high maintenance. (funny how that is a "character" of an Italian car - but a flaw in an Amercian car )

Anyway - I better go off to gather a couple answers for Speedkillars next reply...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote