View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09

well yea the porsche is lacking (@415 for the 911tt) currently and the new 911TT will have about 500hp im sure so we will have to wait for the new model. and sorry the ferrari has crappy tires, i didnt make that decision.

i never said it was significantly more powerful than the F430 or the Z06, 50hp is not alot when you are talking close to 500.

and no it doesnt really "beat" its replacement (we could argue for days about which has better performance and get nowhere since they are so close) but it sure as hell doesnt lose either. its right on par with the benchmark of its class and the fastest ferrari currently on sale. i would see that as being a good thing and yes indeed congrats ford.

and you are seriously saying that its a bad thing that it has more horsepower than its rivals? i dont understand?
Fine, so it equals the F430. Does it beat it? No, does it lose to it? No.

So what did it really beat? Nothing. As I said, it beat up a washed up old car. Just because McBride beat Tyson does it make him a better boxer? Hell no, Tyson is old, way past his prime. Same shit here.

By saying that it doesnt have a place in the market I was actually trying to make it look better. Because if you do say it's competition is the Z06, F430, 911TT and the rest then shit, Im sorry, it doesnt beat any of them so it just another "fast car".

So the bottom line is. Who did it really beat to be so great? Nobody.

Ford came out and was saying that its a Ferrari slayer? Is it? Clearly not, unless ofcourse they like to beat up on outdated material.

So to answer Torontos original question. Did Ford do what they wanted to with the GT? No
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote