View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 05:59 PM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
Yes there are - if there were not, the 3 cars would have been released the same day
so according to you, the fact that there were a couple of years between base C5 and Z06 also means that there was an extensive race program and that race car was turned into the Z06...yeah makes sense
No - and stop for a moment and think - there is no such thing as a Corvette Challenge car provided to race campaigners that is developed and improved by the factory for use in a single make series.

And if you clowns seem to think that "a Challenge car" is a street car with no muffler you are rather mistaken - all those incremental changes, like wheels, brakes, shocks, seats, body panels etc etc make the car a race-orientated development.

No such Corvette was ever produced. There is a dedicated race car developed from the street car platform that, in C5 form has not "been reinroduced to streets" with all the little lessons applied.

Why do you folks always have to come in and conduct these stupid arguments where you simply overlook the facts and logic and common sense just because you want your precious Ferrari of Porsche to remain looking good.? :roll:

Maybe I should go and maintain stupid assinine arguments in the "Italian" forum. :roll:

All those incrmental changes you mention, are as result of very careful analysis of race results and a myriad options.
and nothing like that happens for the Z06? not 1 little part of the experiences of the C6R will be put into hte Z06?? lets, just for fun, real the catalog about the Z06 when it comes out, ok?
Actually - since you want to pretend to know whats what, the C6 Z06 is strongly based on lessons learned and progress made by GM, the C5R teams and engine tuners during the years the C5R was campained.

Exactly the same way the F430 has been built on what has been learned from the 360 life cycle - upto and including all those special race-developed electronic gizmos, without which the F430 would just be an expensive Alfa. :roll:

There is a reason a 360 Challange is a gutted non-street-legal car - and there is a reason why the CS is as spartan and singl;e purpose as it is.
ok here's the secret: WEIGHT IS SLOW so they stripped as much weight as possible from both cars, no rocket science in that
You still don't get it then. The ability to remove, lighten and engineer the better lighter version is as a result of these special incremental changes in fucking other words the results of a number of years R&D

"Spiritually Comparable" cars - wow - that's a new one, at least you didn't the HP/L or valvle train layout argument
i think you understand that what i meant is they are comparable in spirit, in the goal they have, although you obviously dont agree with me on that
Stupid reasoning - just injected so you can win because all Corvettes must suck.

If that is the case, then I am going to say the C6 Z06 shares the spirit of the Boxster but performs better than a 911TT. :roll:

Wow - the Z06 surpasses it's goal 100 fold. :roll:

Know what? If it's so hard to just graciously give credit for a worldclasss car that does EVERYTHING a well as the best - don't say anything

:roll:

Either way - at the end of the day, no matter what you say, the C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 will not slow down, or lose power or gain braking distance or decrease cornering G's generated.

The cars are as good as they are - whether you folks care to admit or not.

The results speak for them selves.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote