View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #9
TransAm
Regular User

Any pics of your R1, Min?

As for Alex's original question, I cannot add much to what Min has already said. In countries with tiered licencing you are forced to start out on a small cc / low hp bike, and work your way upwards.

Occasionally, an older 'new rider' can get away with jumping straight onto a larger bike, especially if they have a bit of dirtbike experience. Riding on dirt is vastly different to road riding however.

Alas, the way the licencing is structured here, most seem to think a 600cc is a suitable size for a 'starter' bike :shock:

I am not dissing corpse grinder (or anyone else that jumped straight onto a 600) here BTW, given the chance at 17 in the UK I wouldn't have been riding a 125cc but with hindsight I am glad I was restricted to that size while I learnt to ride.

On the sport rider forums, a guy has in the last day or two posted: I just got a CBR900RR as my first bike and have just passed the training course.

Everyone is saying, "WTF? :roll: :shock: " as their initial reaction! This guy is 29 BTW.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote