View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Rammstein: Reise, Reise

Had this a couple of days now and hadn't really had a chance to listen to it until now.

So far my favorite song is easily Mein Teil, (which i'm guessing translates to My Time or My Turn, not really sure) with Amerika (which actually has the chorus in english) being a confusing 2nd simply for the fact that i know it's mocking us but i can't really make out in which way. Wether it's calling us a bunch of overworked greed mongers, or the fact that we are more associated with corporate symbols and products now than with anything else. But at least we aren't being compared to a whore (Moskau)

Overall, i'd say the album is a bit more toned down coming off Mutter and seems to carry more of an overall eerie tone than what Sensucht and Herzeleid did. They did alot more of the acoustic sound for this one which i think adds a bit more to the songs than the distorted crunch of the electrics. It is unmistakably Rammstein though, and still worth getting. Just don't expect to get a headache headbanging all the way through this one as you did with Mutter.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote