View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 12:17 AM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
RC45 it seems like you are a little jealous of the Z06 and are actually hoping its does poorly on the Nurburgring. You disguise it well but everything you say seems to be about how great your C5 is and how even if the C6 is better its “not by enough to matter”. Or something to that effect...
Jeaulous? I think not - I don't like the cars coupe profile and as a new car it is far more expensive than I want to spend on something that's gonna wear out.

As a used car in a number of years it would be a decent purchase just for the performance, but I do not like how it looks.

Had the C6 Z06 been a fixed roof coupe I would all over it. It isn't so I'm not.

The truth is that the C5 Z06 is a very accomplished car that won't suddenly slow down when the C6 Z06 arrives - in the mean time I am far from "hoping it performs poorly" - considering I and many others are watch the C6 Z06 wheels a brakes with great interest as they be great upgardes for our C5 Z's.

I am not a "must get the newest fad to stay cool" type of person. And unless the C6 Z06 does post a significant improvement (which it would seem it will be capable of) it will be a case of “not by enough to matter”. Why would any one pay a $20 to $30,000 premium just to get a newer car that as only an incremental improvement?

Performance wise it should be a great leap forward - or not
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote