View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #25
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Well- go buya new Ferrari then.

Oh wait - you can't afford it.

So the argument is a stupid one - because if you could drop the $200K for a new F360/F430 you would have got because yo ucan aford it - then if you were a true auto enthusiast go get a Z06 as well for when you want to "just go like fucking hell".

This is the reason there a quite a number of extremely wealthy members of the Z06 forum - some with F360CS's and 911TT's, Murci'sand SL55/65's etc etc as their "I have money worship me" cars - and a Z06 (in some cases 2) as their "go like fucking hell and smile a lot" car.
The fact that I cannot afford a Ferrari is irrelevant. I cannot afford a Ferrari, or a ZO6 or even a Lada at the moment (i'm currently an inpoverished student)

The point you have clearly missed is that I would much prefer to buy a Ferrari than a Chevrolet. Even with cost constraints, I could buy a decent 2nd hand 355 for ZO6 money, and while it may well be slower (by some margin I would imagine these days) The thought of driving a Ferrari would excite me much, much more.

I am not discrediting the abilities or performance of the ZO6 in any way, but I am saying that given the choice, I would far prefer a Ferrari to a Chevrolet!!
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote