View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 05:50 AM   #17
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by astonmartinandy
Originally Posted by RC45

Why? The current Z06 out handles the 360 and the 360CS - the new one ill do the same to the F430 and the CS..
On what basis does do you mean that the ZO6 out handles the 360 & 360CS?

I haven't driven any of them so I cannot offer any first hand experience, but from what I have read [fromt those who have] the 360CS is a far more engaging drive than a ZO6..
Simple - Nurburgring lap times - as well as pure specs on paper.

I am so sick and tired of the fact that all the people seem to think that Ferrari and Porsche are the only decent performing cars on earth.

The Z06 hands the 360 it's arse on a platter - this is obvious and well known - and it matches the 360CS toe to toe.

Why do you think the F430 was created? To offer the Ferrari buyer aacar that stands a chance against the Yank (the Z06 and the German (the P911 GT3 etc) - sadly the F430 is abotu to be eclipsed by the new Porsche and Z06 - yet again.
First off, I don't think that the 'only decent' performing cars on earth are Ferraris or Porsches. Having said that, as much of an "American Legend" that the 'Vette is, Ferrari and Porsche have been building their racing heritages for just as long.. and the road cars that they produce are both awe inspiring in terms of design and performance, but also because of their racing pedigree.

To be honest I don't think the ZO6 was even considered when they were creating the F430 - the Gallardo and 911 were. The ZO6 is in a different market; yes it is still a sports car, but it lacks their exclusivity and dynamic polish. You just don't see a mass produced Ferrari the same way you would a Daewoo/Chevrolet, and that stains the appeal of a Corvette for me.

Granted you will always be able to argue the 'working class hero' card and talk about bang per buck, and how much cheaper it is.. but it shows. Both in terms of how many Corvettes on the road, and in terms of just the ambience inside the car.

I imagine you'll now go on about how much better the ZO6 in specs or lap times etc, but I don't think that the Corvette will ever have that spine tingling appeal that a Ferrari or Porsche does
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote