Thread: Playstation 3
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #39
666fast
Regular User

All you've shown me are games which the Xbox shares with one or more consoles

Just a few posts ago, you called them exclusive, as you can see, they no longer are.

compatible with the PSP, which is like an ultimate iPod in it's own right
The PSP will be able to connect with the Xbox 360 as well.

Why would the Japanese pay for the Xbox 360 version (AND an Xbox 360) of a game they've been playing for pretty much over a year?
Because they like to collect things. Ever notice how there were a billion different PS2 consoles in Japan, but nowhere else? Then there is the graphical advantage, while how a game looks isn't most important to me, to some it's very important.

Besides, Xbox 360 is only just getting FFXI... that game has been out for the PS2 for quite some time now.
And if it's a success, you don't think the Xbox will see future versions of the game?

Even if you talk about hardware peripherals... PS3 gets the bluetooth controllers right out of the box
and the Xbox 360 gets wireless controllers right out of the box. It's also known that Peripherals don't sell too well.

I'm still interested in the PS3, but I don't think it'll slaughter the Xbox in sales this time around. There is also the issue of online gaming, Xbox Live proves it's very much in demand. As far as I know, Sony seems to have no plan whatsoever.