View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #38
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
Originally Posted by Mopsdrops
Nice !!! have you ever driven a 4th Gen Prelude ? I currently have a 2.0i and i'd like to buy a 2.2i VTEC or a ITR. That's a part also for all those questions If you have driven a prelude, can you say wich is the best then thx.
The ITR is MUCH better than the prelude from a drivers point of view.

Given the choice between a 'normal' integra GSR and the VTEC prelude I'd take the 'lude though...

Originally Posted by Veedub
Oh yes, man I can !
I had the opportinues to drive most of the Honda Vtec range, from Civic VTI EG6 (Si in the US, with the 160hp B16) to S2000, and ITR is the one with the most "violent" Vtec.
I would love to drive a Civic Type R EK9 though, but it's not available in LHD.
Have you ever driven the original B16 which was fitted to the 1991 Civic and CRX? 148bhp...That was a better engine than the 160hp version in my opinion! I've owned both a 96 VTi and the 91 CRX 1.6-VT. The CRX was MUCH better than the newer EK IMO, but I think the EK weighs 20% more...When I had the CRX, a friend had bought a brand new EK VTi coupe and was really annoyed cos he couldnt keep up with my 9 year old CRX!!

Also, have you ever driven the Accord Type-R? I imagine its a bit of a heavy car for it's 212hp...
Had a race with one of those old CRX's once off the lights, i was right with him till 6000 rpm in 1st gear when i had to change to second and he was just getting into the 'Vtec range', bye bye. It surprised me it really did!