View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #5
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Well all other teams have agreed to a a certain amount of testing, why can't Ferrari...

Because that limit is pretty useless to start with. Also, it would mean that Michelin would have even more data compared to Bridgestone. In other words, that agreement would hurt Ferrari. But since Ferrari didn't accept it, they tried to make them look like the "bad guys"...

To turn it the other way round, i dindt seen michelin runners saying they didn't have enough testing when Ferrari was ahead.
They're doing it now by saying that "Ferrari tests too much"...

Tyres are only one factor that determines performance.
A huge factor.

most but ferrari can only test on certain test days, ferrari can test whenever they want with their dedicated test team and drivers....
That doesn't mean they do it.

Example: if they wanted to, they could have tested at Imola in the week before the Grand Prix, which they didn't. Besides, they're following their own test limit; after all, Ferrari doesn't have unlimited resources...

But that's not even the problem... Problem is: the people whining test at least as much as Ferrari, but only complain when things aren't going well...

Maybe that's why some of those people are in F1 for some years now with the biggest budget in the sport, and yet the best they can do is to get some podiums... Better focus on their own team I'd say...

Anyway, you know what would end alot of this bullshit?

A single tyre manufacturer, now that would be something. Many of these problems would no longer exist. Only if I was in charge... Oh well...