View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #119
J-San
Regular User

Another strange fact that makes me believe that the CGT driven by Gan-San wasn't in great shape is that the CGT was only 1 second faster than the Ferrari F50 when Gan-San drove it for the first time in 1998, and 2 seconds slower than a F50 driven by Gan-San in Best Motoring's Super Battle 2000 (though the course layout is slightly different).

Also, Mr. Gan had very good impression of other Porsche cars, like the 996 GT3 (mk2), 997 Carrera S, 964 RS and 993 GT2 (strangely or maybe not, he didn't like the 996 Turbo, he said it was way too soft compared to the old, air-cooled Porsches), and he loved some other cars conceptually similar to the CGT, as the F50 and F40. He likes light, race-bred cars, and the CGT fits that category. I don't think Gan-San or Best Motoring is biased towards japanese cars, much on the contrary. Sometimes BM videos leave that impression because there are a few details we don't notice.

I'm looking forward for his next review on the CGT. I'm sure his oppinion will be more positive when he has drove more Km on his own car.
J-San is offline   Reply With Quote