View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 08:24 PM   #9
666fast
Regular User

The high res pics

BRE Datsun 510 sitting under the Nissan tent. It's the real deal, not a replica. Tiny little car, the roofline was just above my waist, and I'm about 5'9" or so.

I believe this was Leighton Reese's borrowed Viper. I've been to his shop a couple times, lots of cool stuff. His old Porsche was sweet, untill it started on fire! Then his Corvette started on fire! And I believe the Viper had a small fire in practice! LOL

More of Derek Bells Volvo, pretty cool car IMO. Too bad they had soem many problems. Powered by Cosworth too!

Pontiac GTO. It was loud as hell on the track, but it didn't seem all too quick. Looks cool though.

Pictures from all over the track:

Derek Bell not looking very happy! LOL

More race pics:

The Vette that went off and had it's tow hook torn off. He spent quite awhile in the dirt, so he's in a bit of a hurry to get going again:

ALMS Safety Car, also known as a Cayenne

The safety car came out because of this guy. It was on the first corner of the very last lap. He locked up the brakes and slid into the sand sideways which sent the car rolling. Luckily, he ended up on his wheels. It took them forever to pull him out. The frotn end dug into the sand when they pulled the car. So, they had to pull it about 10 feet, dig the send out and repeat. Took about 20 minutes to get him out. No rush, since the race was over.

Start of the ALMS race, they let spectators out onto the track to see the cars, even though you can almost get inside them while they are in the pits:

If you ever go to an ALMS race, make sure to be at the start/finish line right when the race starts. Seeing and hearing all those cars come roaring past is pretty sweet.

More pics of the race:

Look closely, a car is facing the wrong way LOL

CTS-V, looks pretty spiffy in black, me likey

Porsches out the wazoo

BMW's

Ferrari, there was also a red 308 and a black 355 but no pics, the batteries in the cameras died.

CTS-V Racecar in the Caddilac Tent

F16's and A10's, they flew over at the start of the race. My guess is it has somethign to do with the Air Force sponsored Focus in Speed Touring

and thats it!