View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
|Nuno|
Regular User

Default Klien replaced by Liuzzi

F1 Central

Vitantonio Liuzzi will make his Formula 1 race debut with the Red Bull Racing team at the San Marino Grand Prix. Liuzzi has been part of the Red Bull Junior Team since 2001 and is the reigning FIA F3000 champion. Liuzzi will be replacing Christian Klien at the Austrian team.

The 24-year-old Italian has been the team's Friday test and reserve driver at the first three Grand Prix of the season and will now partner David Coulthard in Imola, Barcelona and Monte Carlo. The team has been extremely pleased with Christian's performance during the first three races, particularly his points scoring finishes in Australia and Malaysia. The 22-year-old Austrian will continue to play an important role within the team during Tonio's three race trial being stood down so that Tonio also can experience Formula 1 in a racing environment.

An announcement regarding who will fill the role of Friday test driver at the San Marino GP will be made in due course.

Vitantonio Liuzzi "I am very happy to get this chance to race in Formula 1, which has always been my target since I started racing. It is particularly exciting for me to have my first race at my home Grand Prix in Imola. This is a great opportunity for me and of course, I hope to make the best of it. Christian has done a great job in the first three races and it is clear that our car has good potential. It will be great having to get up early on a Saturday and have something to do!"