View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #50
coombsie66
Regular User

Ive heard that the EBC greenstuffs are too hard, run too hot and warp/eat brakes especially their poor excuses for 'uprated discs' (milled grooves and drill end indentations on a standard disc).
Although thats what i've heard people say, i cant be sure as ive not had personal experience, my friend had them and the EBC discs on his 1st saxo (previous owners decision) when he got his new Mk2, it braked better and without annoying pedal judder and sound that the EBC's gave.
Also ive read some people's experience that the friction material has fallen away from the backing (hence the pad disintegrating).
All these stories are from people who dont really know what they are talking about though (i feel) but there seem to be a lot of unhappy people with EBC on ffoc.co.uk
I dont know of many race/rally cars that run EBC either, i dont think anyone above club level has. mintex, performance friction, Alcon, AP racing, brembo etc are the only names i trust, ones in racing!

I dont run uprated pads, just standard ford ones, as i dont think i have the need for track ones with my road driving manners, if they are all operating as ford intended.

TransAm and your threadjack: if you like Mk1's then you'll enjoy this website http://www.zetecinside.com/xr2/index.htm