View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 05:15 PM   #34
st-anger
Regular User

^^^have waited for a reply like this one, VERY well said lakatu 8)

It is my understanding that Porsche uses the NS to tune their cars because they believe that it represents a microcosm of the variety of road experiences that a driver will encounter. If a car can performs well on the NS then it will be able to handle anything the real world will through at it.

^^^ perfect summary

...sure itīs Ferrariīs "right" to bring an Enzo to the īring with a special NS setup - BUT - as u already mentioned, the GTīs been designed as a super sports car one can drive every day and not only at the track...
we know that a std Enzo isnīt "good enough" for a fast lap at NS, iīve posted that before in Porsche News that an Enzo hit the ground several times and especially in the Karussel when it was tested on NS last year due to its F1 track like suspension setup, so they simply HAVE to do something to the car...

so iīm perfectly with u here - wouldnīt surprise me if an Enzo with some kind of special setup will outrun a "standard" GT...

on the other hand i agree 110% - when a GT with a NS setup will show up - no other car with whatever setup could touch that time by at least 6-10 seconds...

nevertheless - canīt wait to hold the mag in my hands whenever itīll come out...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote