View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #33
lakatu
Regular User

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I think that it is two different things to say that the CGT is tuned ON the NS and that the CGT is tuned FOR the NS. It is my understanding that Porsche uses the NS to tune their cars because they believe that it represents a microcosm of the variety of road experiences that a driver will encounter. If a car can performs well on the NS then it will be able to handle anything the real world will through at it.

However you can look at the various tuners that especially design their cars suspensions to perform on the NS so that they can receive the recognition that only a fast lap time at NS can bring. Try driving these cars on the road. I would be willing to bet that they would perform similar to a 964 RS which had the reputation of being unbeatable on the track but undrivable to the track.

The CGT currently is defiantly drivable to the track. If Porsche wanted to I am sure they could sort the suspension to provide a much faster NS lap time but would be undrivable on the road.

The driver for certain will be HvS (Horst von Saurma). He does all of the Supertests including the CGT with its lap times of 7:32.4 and 7:40 on a cold partially wet track.