View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Vansquish
Regular User

Default (bump) Mazda RX8 farewell...

I took delivery of the long-awaited RX8 this morning. It's a 6speed, Black, with Black and Red leather interior, GT Pack, Bose stereo, and a few other amenities I'm no doubt forgetting. I took a few pics, but there will be more to come

First, the requisite custom shot...

Interior, with one of my roomies in the front seat...

Rear seat...roommate moved into it too fast for me to get it without him hehe...

Slightly less attractive custom shot, those are my nostrils in the rearview mirror LOL

Edit:

Well...after a year of blissful driving experiences, hindered only very occasionally by defective catalytic converters, the RX8 is about to bid my family farewell. Tomorrow at some point during the day, I have to return the car to Ford and take delivery of our new lease car, a 2006 Mercury Milan I-4 Manual, definitely a few pegs down the ladder. For those of you who don't know, the Milan is in essence a rebodied, slightly retuned version of the Mazda 6, so the platform is reasonably good to start with, and it will handle reasonably well, but it won't have the rear-drive chassis, the light weight, the 6-speed transmission, the power, nor many of the other excellent aspects of the RX8.

I'll try and take the 8 out for one last drive tomorrow morning if the weather is clear, but in the meantime, I've taken a few new pictures of it during it's last hand-wash, and a short video of me having a bit of fun on a backcountry road. Enjoy!

The video:
http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=3213819

(You'll have to wait a bit and then the link will appear at the bottom right of the page.)

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote