View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 07:39 AM   #235
red bullet
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
i agree with some pf ur points. but the Mac F1 didnt have great downforce, actually it was known for its lack of downforce (talkin bout the regular version), and second, why is the Mac the fastest car because its top speed is higher? that doesnt mean its "the fastest car". some cars are faster then others at 0-100, or 0-200 or 100-200, or through the "so and so" turn, or under braking from 200-100, or under braking from 100-0, but just because a car can hit a higher top speed doesnt make it the fastest car. Look at F1 in 01, 02 and probably 03 and 04 also, Williams-BMW had the potential to be the car with the highest top speed, but did that mean it was the fastest car no, it got slaugtered. And other way around with renault defenetely not the car with highest top speed in a stragiht line but they were defenetely still competitive. Im not dogging the Mac down here as i love racing cars in general so i love all supercars, but the Mac defenetely wouldnt be my choice around a track Even if the Enzo and CGT were never made i still wouldnt choose the Mac for a track. And lets face it, these are supercars so there supposed to be there best on a track, not on a public road or long straightaway.
The victories in Le Mans prove it's a fast car, especially in straight line. But the downforce should have been good too, since no matter how long the straights are in Le Mans cornering is important, besides the F1 was also good in other GTraces, where more downforce is required. I don't say the F1 is the best in terms of downforce, but it is a sort of low subtop.

And you're that one single aspect of the car, that no other car can match, doesn't make it a great racecar. The total package is important. Look at Formula 1, Ferrari is in every aspect very good. They have one of the best engines, best chassis', best tyres (although that's not entirely correct, Michelin is in fact better)... Only when the whole puzzle fits, you have a great racecar. A great engine doesn't make it a good racer, nor does a great chassis, but all the bits and pieces together can.
red bullet is offline   Reply With Quote