View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #45
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

How can you say that? If everybody had that attitude there would be no progression nor development because it's simply "working fine" today.

As for the 'Vette, it does seem like a modern classic American muscle car with the big lazy V8 and ridiculously cheap price, but, 1) Won't tyres that wide hamper rather than aid the handling of car (not to mention the suspension) and 2) I appreciate that they did not want to "strain" the engine, but surely 71 bhp/litre is just woefully inefficent compared with the F430 (112 bhp/litre)
i think DanielW summed it up pretty well talking about low end power and all. i mean great 112hp/liter but are you saying that a car has to have an "efficient" engine to be considered good? the bottom line is which car goes faster not how good ro bad the engine specs are.

and the "low technology" isnt simply "working fine" its keeping pace with the benchmark of the class. in regards not only to straight line acceleration but also handling.

i do understand however that these 2 cars despite being in the same class are worlds apart. i mean i would be shocked to see ferrari have a 7 liter v8 with 500 ft-lbs of torque in their cars and it would pretty much go against their whole heratage. but i dont like when cars like the z06 get downplayed because they are "inefficient."