View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 01:07 AM   #42
DanielW
Regular User

why wouldn't it sell well because of fuel consumption. People shopping for a performance car are well aware of the expenses that come with a 500hp+ car, such as gas, insurance,etc. Besides it will most likely get better mileage than any of the cars that it's competing with. Again, american engineers don't really bother woth peaky engines. Their philosophy is simple. Make it fast, as cheap as possible, and not complicated. Of course they could get 500hp out of a 5L or even a 4L if they tried, but then you have a peaky engine, with complicated parts prone to failure, and not a lot of usable power "under the curve". I'd much rather have a 7L engine with 500hp, than a 6L engine with 550hp. Again if they offer it in europe I predict the Z06 will sell extrtemely well. Even after all the taxes and duties that you will pay you will get a hell of a car compared to the italian and german counterparts which will still cost a lot more. And unlike the US, there won't be a vette around every corner so you still get a pretty rare car for your money and not something that you see everyday.

ok i'm done.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote