View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 06:05 PM   #79
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
Easy the tc in the cgt cant come close to the Enzo's, and according to both Motor trend and Road and Track the Enzo beats Mac F1 on 0-60 0-100 and quarter mile easily. Road and Track got the Enzo to 60 in 3.28 compared to 3.4 and quarter in 11.1 at 133 and 11.6 at 125 for mac.

"its quarter-mile time and speed pulverize the mighty McLaren F1's numbers of 11.6 sec. traveling at a mere 125 mph past the quarter-mile mark. Wow!"

And in Motortrend herta got the mid corner speeds as follows Ford gt 185mph cgt 186 and Enzo 195, 9 mph what a difference, and at the end of the straight it was Ford gt 200.1mph, cgt 201.5 geez only 1.4 mph difference between cgt and ford gt not good porsche not good. Enzo 211 thats a huuuge difference in racing. but its weird cause herta was saying the enzo was hard at the limit with the rear end coming away but the cgt had understeer, but in Road and Track during the Enzo's 73 mph slalom time they said the Enzo had mild understeer and that the rear stayed planted and on top gear they said the cgt was hard at its limit and the rear end snapped loose alot and tiff on 5th gear said the enzo was easier to bring to the limit then most supercars, i guess in the end it all depends on too many things like driver, tire condition/temp/pressure, road surface, altitude, air temp and too many things. Noone will never know whats faster until Schumi tests all of them in a row on the same day 8) ,

and by the way to all u mac F1 fans that think the mac f1 hits 240 mph, reality check it doesnt, it hits 231, the 240 was either

1. the lifted the rev limit to 7800 instead of i think 7500 ( i think they said this was done in 97)

or

2. an earlier version of the mac when not in production yet, it was not the same as the one that eventually went into production

i heard more stories about "2" but just today i read the one about the rev limiter
Hey Don5 please if and when you quote Mclaren F1 numbers please please dont quote the Ameritech F1 numbers that R&T tested....The Americanized F1's are far from the Euro[real] version...The amount of weight and detuning that was done to make it legal here castrated it....The Euro version has hit 138mph in the 1/4...I wish the website with the actual einfo was still up...Also the Great Dario did a head to head test of them on the Ferrari test track that was slightly down hill and he said the Enzo just cant beat the Mclaren....Guess what its pretty obvious this was the real Mclaren not the castrated American version that the Enzo would rape.....Oh and last I checked the Mclaren was clocked at 240...Isnt it in the Guiness world book of records for a reason?

Mindgam I never said which were more technological than the other...I dont know...I guess they are both close...I more care about the results on the track than who has more electronic gismos...