View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #13
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour
Would you buy a new $25.000 car like that?
i wouldn't buy a Mustang to begin with.

Originally Posted by FoxFour
You must be really rich, drive a car like that all the time and then say hello to buying and installing parts for it all the time. Of course, you could take it to the dealership to have it fixed under warranty, till they find out that the owner has been doing burnouts with it. There's driving a car hard and then ther's abuse. That's abuse.
I've seen it posted before that Ford tests their Mustangs for drop-clutch launches and stuff on a drag strip over and over and over. They're not going to put a weak clutch in a car like this, cuz they know that people who buy Mustangs are going to do lots of burnouts. Sure theres probly one or 2 guys who actually buy them and don't, but around here its mostly girls and cocky guys who buy them cuz they think they'll look cool.
Even replacing the clutch wouldn't be very expensive, and i doubt you'd have to do it very often. As for the reverse gear, that guy probly won't be doing burnouts in reverse very often, and i'm sure Ford's gears are fairly heavy-duty. The only thing i'd worry about on a car like that would be the tires, but you can get some cheap tires for like $40 a tire and do burnouts all day and you own't be out much money. I'm not saying i'd do any of this, but it shouldn't be such a shock to see a Mustang owner doing this.
If this were a Ferrari, sure it would get really expensive really quick, but since its a Ford, you can fix it yourself pretty cheaply.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote