View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #27
Dave1
Regular User

I have to disagree with CAR magazine when they say "in the real world nothing comes close to the Evo". By this I assume they mean B roads (country roads) because that were the Evo shines and if were being realistic a lot of things can keep up with this new Evo. Simply because of the fact that public roads are dangerous and when your approaching a blind bend at speed you always have that thought in the back of your mind that there could be a tractor, cyclist or someone broken down on the exit of it :shock: . So really you can't use the anywhere near the full potential of either of these cars of B roads and if you feel you can you shouldn't have a drivers licence!!! So in the real world the closest you can get to using the full potential of these cars on the public roads is on motorways where, provided that driving conditions are good it is much safer do so. On the motorway the Evo would be outclassed. On a closed country road the Evo probably would leave the Zonda for dust but in the "real world" when are roads closed for you to have a blast in your car?

0-62 times are not a benchmark for cars of this power they are all much of a muchness. A more relevant benchmark would be 0-100 or more importantly 50-100.

One thing I do agree with CAR in that the evo would be much better in the wet. But the Zonda would be more fun or dangerous maybe? LOL depends who’s driving it.
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote