View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 01:58 AM   #49
sameerrao
Regular User

The 917K sure looks nice. Is still my favorite model .. though its status as top dog will be hopefully gone by next week - I am getting a special Ferrari ...

I have posted pics of the 917 earlier.

Here are the ones as requested...

HW F40
--> Was my first car that I bought a poster for years back ...
Pretty nice quality overall. I remember someone pointing out an error with the gear level coming out of the wrong place. But minor details ... worth buying for sure.

Autoart Lamborghini Diablo GTR

--> typical Autoart excellence in design and execution. The one huge pain in the butt is the doors .. it doesn't open easily .. need to push hard on the tiny door button and yank hard on the door.

Exoto Tyrrell P34 ... I dont think anyone else has one so I can take the liberty of posting some pics

---> This is a 6 wheel car that was short lived in F1 before being banned. If I remember this is in the Monaco race config with wet tyres set up.... which is why the downdraft pipes above the carbs have a shield above it to keep the water out. There is another version of the same car with dry weather config but different paint scheme .. I liked this color better so picked this one...

The helmet visor also comes up as has been shown below.... The engine wirings are all nicely detailed along with springs and dampers....

The inboard brakes rotate with the wheels as well... I love Exotos .. this is my first and hopefully not my last

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote