View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
sentra_dude

As I am against any kind of car that pretends to be something it is not, I am against this car. I understand his love of the F40, but for the money he spent on this project (seems to be of a very high quality) I think he could have bought himself the real thing...maybe not the best example, but it would be a real F40. No doubt this is a serious car...he takes it to the track and it has 800(!)hp...but I don't see why he didn't just make the body a unique design if he wasn't willing to buy himself a real F40. His choice of engine is excellent (from an engineering standpoint, the 1UZFE is an amazing engine and can produce a lot more power than the F40's engine), and he seems committed to making a real car and not just one for driving down the boulevards and posing...but ugh. He is missing so much by not having a real Ferrari...and he must feel embarrassed when people ask him what kind of Ferrari is it and he must reply it is a Toyota powered fake with Ferrari badges on it...

Even though its a serious car, that still doesn't make it right, he shouldn't have Ferrari badges on the car if it has a Toyota power-plant in it (and if its a kit-car).

edit: ugh the interior is horrible...

vs real:

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote