View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 04:53 AM   #13
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Great, so you finally got to see them close up! I remember you talked about this team before, but I never realised it was the team with father and son Hezemans. That also means you can't just call it a Belgian team, can you? You've got to get your neighbours to the north some credit for it as well.

Wonderful pics! I'm sure you had a blast. I hope you'll get that ride one day. And I sure hope that Zonda will start to win some major races. At least, until the MurciƩlago and the Maser come on full steam.
You're right, I should have mentioned it. The zonda is an exception however. The Pagani used to be owned by Kumpen & Hezemans but now it's only owned by Kumpen.

I think the Le Mans series will be getting very interesting in a year or 2... Maseratie MC12 - Pagani Zonda - MurciƩlago - BMW Le Mans car - Porsche Le Mans car. But to be honest, I don't think the Pagani has a chance in it's current form. The engine output is just not enough yet. they've enlarged the engine to some 8 litres but 580hp is not that much for the Le Mans series. But they're still currently working on the engine so, we'll see...

Some facts I forgot to mention, without the engine & gearbox the bodywork, tires, interior, suspension, ... in total only weights some 150 kg :shock: Oh and they didn't use the original exaust pipes, they are now filled with blacklights and furfill the tast of braking lights. The new exhaust lies lower in the car.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote