View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #10
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ford Capri 2.8i
thanks for the pics and the story....its the best looking zonda that ive ever seen...its looks even better than the production models IMO...the porsches look great as well(i prefer the siemens sponsored Porsche IMO)...anyway....once im interested in rare cars, and the zonda is one of them for me, what would you tell us about how is going the set up of the suspensions of the car, the brakes...(once it was bought a production car and then it was transformed into a gt car), or the results of the merc engine on GT...once its the first time that the zonda is transformed into a racing car....and the last question....is the viper a ex Oreca car?.....anyway...,thanks for your contribution, and enjoy yourselves as a codriver the GT on the racetrack
Thanks for the compliments on the pics, IMO they could have been much better. I'm still a newbie at this. I've clearly seen that experience really helps. Look at TT's pics, they keep improving.

I've passed the text that I wrote to my friend and had him have a look at it. This is what he said:

A few corrections, it's a Chrysler Viper chassis number C11 ex ORECA. It's the second viper we have, our first was a C12 that raced in the FIA GT World Championship. That one was sold in 2000, so we've now got this C11. After that, the Porsche 911 Bi Turbo came, it has 2 Bi Turbo 2.6 engines and for 24hour races an 3.8RSR that actually belongs to the Siemens Porsche 993. The 993 is from 1994 and had an 3.6 single turbo, now an 3.6RSR. The 3.6 single turbo had something about 690hp. It has driven the Rolex 24hours of Daytona twica and is the car wich Antony Kumpen started racing in. The car now belongs to Bert Login. Bert Login also drives a Ferrari 575 GTC from "JMB Racing" in the FIA GT. He also drives together with Anthony Kumpen in the Viper C11 in the Belcar championship. The Siemens Porsche is this year active in the 10 hours race promotion night for Belgian Touring Car Cup.

I can't give you all details of the Pagani, but I can give you a short overview of the construction. The Zonda still has the original chassis, but it has been made stronger. The rest is all remade in carbon (except for the engine of course). The suspension is made from a custom made Aluminium based on airial technologi. The same goes for the suspension of the 991 & Viper. The shock absorbers are replaced by "Moton" suspention technology on all 4 cars. These shock absorbers can be set to 4 different settings: low speed bump, high speed bump, low speed rebound en high speed rebound. The tires are for all 4 cars from BBS. The tires consist of 3 layers. Only for the Viper wich has one layer tires from BBS. The engine from the Pagani is custom made in the company that also makes cossworth engines. The electrical systems on the 996, Pagani & Viper are replaced by a "Motec" electrical system. The 993 has an electric system from "Zytek". My friend often works on this Zytek system.

His job is mechanic/analyst Advanced Data Aquisition & Engine Management Systems. He works on the 2 porsches and the Pagani.

One other correction, GLPK has never won the 24hours of francorchamps. But they did win the 24 hours of Zolder for the 4th time last week.

Oh and I wasn't supposed to mention those prices ops: ops: So I removed them from the forum. And shout a magic spell to remove them from the memories of all that read it

ok done

One last thing, I'm hoping to get a ride sometime, but it far from sure that I will. We'll see.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote