View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default My visit to the workshop of GLPK Racing (Zonda GR)

Hey guys,

As I've mentioned before, a good friend of mine works with the Belgian GLPK racing team. They've won Belcar last year and there are several other racing events that they've won (for instance the 24 hours of Francorchamps). I think it's fair to say it's the most succesfull Belgian racing team.

They have a Dodge Viper (so not the new Chrysler Viper), a 996 Porsche and a 993 Porsche. The Chrysler has an 8 litre V10 engine, and without the air restrictors (they are obligated in this GT class) it tops at some 1600hp Then the 996 is usually equipped with a 3.6TT engine but in long term races like the 24hours of Zolder or Francorchamps, it has an 3.8 RSR engine (because that only cosumes half as much fuel as the 3.6). The 993 had an 3.6 RSR if I remember well. In Belcar you have different categories, the Viper runs in the top class called GTA. The Porsche are in the GTB class.

Sometimes there's also a Mini Cooper Works, that belongs to one of the drivers of GLPK (Bert Login). And now there also was a Pagani Zonda GR. That's the ONLY Zonda that is modified for racing. They bought a normal Pagani Zonda C12S and modified everything imaginable. It has something about 580hp now and runs in the Le Mans class.

I allready went to a practice session in Zolder (with the Porsches & Viper) and I'll be sure to go again. If I'm really lucky, I'll be able to do a lap as a passenger on the Sponsors day. My dad knows the owner a bit (he works as a doctor in one of his firms) but I don't want my dad phoning him for a farour. I'll just have to try them to notice me and give me a lap round Zolder.

Btw, I took the pics with the camera of my parents, but it only has 8 meg memory :cry: So I could only take a few high resolution pics and the rest is 640x480 I really regret that, but I can allways go back and take some more. Some pics are a bit blurry, that's me and my lousy camery work... Hope they're some nice one's ...

I still have to catch up on a lot of stuff on JW (like TT's story about his ride in the 360spider). But I thought it was best to first post these pics.

This is their website btw:
http://www.glpk.net/2004/

Some pics and info about the Pagani GR:
http://www.7extrememotorsports.com/l...i-zonda-gr.htm

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote