View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

here we go off topic because you just refuse to face the facts that the Ferrari 360 is "not all that" - and in fact si an over-rated over-priced yuppie-fad car.

If the F355 had 10/10 for soul and presence and ability - the 360 barely scores a 2.

Originally Posted by toronto
well if you average out all the numbers you gave me (60-0), it is still higher then a 360, so i don't know you point...
You are so quick to "average the distances" - WTF is that?? How about you post 10 different test results for the 360 so we can see what everyone says?

It is rather strange, that not only does R&T get distances 15% off other magazines - they also somehow get the THE SAME DISTANCE for 3 separate tests... while no one else seems to be able to be that consistent or that poor drivers.. And who are these AWW clown - 147ft? That shows either poor driver or poorly prepared maintained car - but more than likely a mis-print and they actually did a 70-0 test.

I have easily produced a 115ft stoping distance as measured by a windshield mounted Tazzo device. Not a bad distance for an impromptu test on the street.

If you really want to be pedantic and average the numbers - then lets drop the best and worst and average the rest... that still produces a 113ft average vs the 116ft average that includes numbers that appear obviously too high.

and the power to waight thing is the claimed weights by the factories, so if your z06 weighs less, mayb the ferrari does too, and even if it weighs more the z06 is 10bhp down on the 360, so it doesn't really make it have a better power to weight.
Lets see.. GM is notorious for under claiming power and over claiming weights.. as well as overstating 0-60 and 1/4 times.. Makes for great PR when magazines and owners return numbers better than the factory brochure.

Ferrari however do otherwise. They claim the 360 weighs in at 2980 odd lbs.. but all you have to do is search around the web to owner forums where they have weighed their cars and are shocked and horrified to learn their cars weigh closer to 3100 lbs with fuel..

That is the reality - don't shoot the messenger - go look for yourself - talk to 360 owners that have had their cars weighed at road race tracks etc.

On the other hand, I and many other Z06 owners have had our cars weighed - only to learn the curb weight with fuel is actually closer to 3060lbs.. so again a wash. 2001 hz06 @ 7.9lb/hp vs 360 @ 7.84lb/hp.

The story is repeated with the 360CS vs 2002 @ newer Z06's

i am still waiting on the 360cs vs. z06 were the z06 wins artical.
Show me the one where the 360CS wins against the 2004 Z16...

Without your pedigree claims, racing heritage claims, limited edition claims, more expensive claims, more exclusive claims... the comparisons show the 360 to be an overpriced average performing car that without the afore mentioned "snob appeal" is really just a run of the mill sporty car in this day and age.

Reality sucks.

Oh and this topic only highlights that while the car has "Starbucks" appeal on the road - it is just too common these days..

If I hadn't yet said so - nice pictures..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote