Thread: Ruf R Turbo
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #17
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
I’m curious now st-anger as to what you have heard. Are you able to discuss in greater detail the Ruf’s negatives? I know you might feel constrained because of your close ties and relationships working at PAG. I have heard of problems with their older 3.4L pistons but little else. More specifics if possible would be nice .
...again, THX a lot lakatu for a very detailed reply - as you know i´m not that much into tuning, sure i find it quite interesting, but as you pointed out 101% right: what should a tuner improve on a Porsche...???
so that´s why i never really cared about tuned Porsches, so i´m afraid i can´t tell you any details on this, and to be honest, if i knew something i definitely wouldn´t post it in here, i just posted my opinion, based on facts as a guy who´s into automotive engineering for quite some time, but i don´t want to say bad things about RUF, because as you pointed out Alois did quite a job back in the 80s for you guys over there...
so, basically i´m ok with any tuning, but it´s definitely nothing for me if it´s getting too extreme...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote