Thread: F1 in america
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 05:55 PM   #22
Skyliner
Regular User

Quote:

Skyliner wrote:
Forget about the A1 ring.... they should race the old nurburgring!!!! that would be fuckin great...

I hate stupid comments like this, if you know anything about the Nurburgring Nordschleife Ring, not just the legend that is, and you know anything about modern f1 cars, then you should know it would be a bad race

i agree, the old nordschleife maybe the best and most famous race track on the world. but it isn't the safest. it's changes elevation and direction too fast and too many time that it would make driving a new F1 car there. the new nurburgring of course, was design to replace the old one becuz of these issue.
I am aware of the safety problems of driving the old Nordschleife, but in these days where overtaking is very rare, Ferrari is winning every race, perhaps it would be fun to have some changes. Plus it really makes high demands to the driver, which perhaps could make the smaller teams a little more competitive.
The cost of arranging a F1 race in Manhattan, could pay for a lot of improvements on the old Nürburgring. Maybe only a part of the track could be used, but as you say yourself there is a lot of myth and history about the Nordschleife, which would also increase the number of viewers.
What races do you enjoy most in the formula season? Sepang or Monaco? The spanish grand prix or Spa?
~80 bhp
BMW 325i; M-tech II
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote