View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #19
sameerrao
Regular User

Guess what the postman brought me today minutes after I wrote the above comments...

21. 1:18 Ferrari 250 LM - 1964 - Mattel
Model Rating: 9.5/10 - Excellent detailing. Lot of nice touches like a prop rod to hold the trunk up. exquisite engine detailing. Nearly Perfect IMO ....
Worth buying? Yes definitely

22. 1:18 Ferrari 250 GTO - 1962 - Mattel
Model Rating: 9.5/10 - Excellent detailing. A nice touch includes working catches on the hood that can be slipped to the side to open the engine bay. I like the spare wheel stuffed in the rear. This car in reality is an art sculpture on wheels and one of the automotive icons of the century. I am humbled to own a small of it.

22. 1:18 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 - 197X - Mattel
Model Rating: 9/10 - Excellent detailing. Proud forebearer to today's 575M. Was the ultimate GT in its time. Model is nicely detailed - engine bay is cool with its carbs highlighted -though it not as exquisite as the LM or GTO.

The three together

From the front ...

.. and the back (look at the curves up front on the GTO and LM.. drool..)

And last but not least an invoice from Ferrari SPa out of Modena. About the only time I will ever buy something new from the "factory"

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote