View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
Toronto
Regular User

Default Re: European Cars are not Overpriced, Americans just build s

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by toronto
I love how RC45 says that a bmw m and an AMG are overpriced.
They are not.
I do not believe I have ever said that those cars are overpriced. But if it makes you happy to say so then knock yourself out.

I am simply stating that they are not the best performance bang-for-the-buck as other manufacturers enter the horse-power wars.

It is just that in the day of the CTS-V you no longer have to pay $80,000 for a 400hp sedan.
over-priced BMW or Audi?
you did say this in this thread http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11432 , but if you ment my bang-for your buck as in getting 400hp, for much less. but you are loosing the other things that make the AMG and BMW M such good cars, the way they are built inside to make the driver feel more comfortable

actually the Focus is built in Canada
yes it is now, only because the car sold so well and had such a big impact over-seas ford decided to bring it over. much like now they are thinking of bringing back the contour/Mercury Mystique, a car that has been selling as the mondeo in europe

*** Edit (didn't want to start a new post ***

Originally Posted by T-Bird
The new BMW 1-series looks to be a promissing piece of shit... ...the Minivan wouldn't exist as we know it with out American companies (Chrysler specificaly)... ...Alfa's mainly look ugly...
BMW 1-series is a good car, BMW logo at the front, rear-wheel drive in a fwd world. i think it will sell good,

No one but North Americans buy the minivan, and all the profits from the current sales of them go back to germany cause it is owned by a German company (or didn't you know?)

and Alfa's look amazing, so much style even JC couldn't say no to the looks of the new alfa's, they are just so sexy!