View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #18
lakatu
Regular User

ops: Without being able to read German, it looks like I had the wrong track length for the NS + GP track. I was using the long version of the GP track 25.947 km and the Stippler video raced on the shorter version 24.433km. Thanks st-anger straitening that all out .

Using the length of 24.433 Stipplers 8.41 time would equate to 168.8 km/hr and a 20.832 equivalent time of 7.24, similar to a CGT. For the Alzen Porsche the average speed is 174 km/hr & 7.11s equivalent 20.832 time.

Certainly these “equivalent” times are not precisely comparable to WR time on the NS only portion. Most likely the average speed on the GP portion of the track is faster than on the 20.832 km portion of NS, that we are most familiar with. But it does give some idea of what those times might be like on NS alone. So basically, the experience of watching the Stippler video is similar to what it might be like to round the NS with WR in the CGT . That gives me a new appreciation of the 7:28 time of the CGT. The performance of the CGT is simply amazing .

I found a clip that I think is the Alzen Porsche
http://www2.renn.tv/web/videos/alzen.wmv