View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #47
coombsie66
Regular User

Just arrived back from lemans 2day, and WE FINISHED!!!!!!!! The morgan survived!!!!
Unfortunately a 2-3 hour stoppage out in the back section due to fuel starvation meant our race was more or less over at 2 am, but neil cunningham managed to syphon some fuel through and limp back to the pits.
Then the car began to have cooling problems, and resulted in regular stoppages to top up the system.
But we got the car through, and the team got the award for best team, as they worked fuckin hard, and it is rightfully theirs.
All the drivers were superb, the car didnt touch the gravel trap once in the whole 24hrs and it was purely bad luck and mechanical problems that set us back.
A big thanks to all involved in the morgan effort, i enjoyed every second.

EDIT: Piccis!!

Oh, and if any of the brits caught all the ITV coverage, the girls in the blue skirts on the morgan on the grid are all me mates, and i was stood behind the wall (i aint pretty enough for the camera!!)!!

Oh and robby coltrane popped into the morgan garage to congratulate the team on their efforts at the end, which was a nice surprise!

Beware to all, LEMANS is addictive, if u go once ur gunna have to go back! I certainly am!!