View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 05:07 PM   #18
stradale
Regular User

[rant mode on]CF is great as a weight saving material, but these days it seems CF is slapped onto everything as looks accessory. It might all be CF, but why can't they just spray it. It looks cheap. They seem to be afraid no one would recognize it as CF is they didn't leave it black on a contrasting colour. So what if people don't?

I have to admit that with the M3 CSL the roof looks cool. And a diffusor in black is not all that bad. But now it's going a bit far. Why would you want to stick all kinds of pieces of black stuff everywhere on a grey car? It's as tacky as a black bonnet. CF is meant to reduce weight and leave at that. I say incorporate it in the design of the car, don't try to get all the attention to disturbing pieces in the total design. Pointless!
[rant mode off]

Spray it in grey and it would look a whole lot better. I'd still have my doubts about the rear wing though.

The F355 in the back looks very good. Being a bit closer to the ground it looks even more aggressive than the standard car.[rant mode on again]Two things though: those wheels on an F355 are NOT done! Too tacky for such a car. Second, the black roof spoiler. For rant on unsprayed CF (what it's probably made of) see above.[rant mode off again, hopefully for the remainder of the day]