Thread: GM VVT Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 10:15 PM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

With sedans already pushing 500hp+ and 0-60 in 4 and 5 seconds, - why would only the Vette be at risk?

Most other hyper/super/fast cars suck gas like a cheap hooker... and face no more restrictions than the Vette.
I think you missed the point. I am pointing to a situation similar to what happened between 75-82, albeit instead of due to gas prices, very possibly influenced by cafe. This fear has been reflected to me by several upper level gm executives(that the corvette and cars like it may get snuffed out by this jackassery). It would effect all performance vehicles. The point is that hopefully all manufacturers involved are thinking enough ahead to side step such problems. The environmentalists are the fear. In fact.. insurance companies are little to no fear with the vette. Vette insurance is alot lower then the corresponding camaro, mustang, ect insurance because of the ownership demographic.

Kerry is stupid dumbass if he thinks that "Laws" can scare profit away... the insurance industry has more chance of reining in cars performance than any group of tree-hugging liberals...
You must not have been in the US when catalytic converters and cafe first got enacted. Performance cars from 1976-1982 are not just jokes because no one could afford the gas.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote