View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SL55 AMG
Thanks for the info and cool prototype but...

I think it is hilarious how FORD and sometimes GM have to fall back on what they once produced, only in a modern form. Cant they set their own standards in the automotive world today, not the ones decades before?
Please elaborate..

* A tribute to 40 years of performance, Mustang GT-R concept celebrates famous “Yellow Mustangs,” features 440-horsepower “Cammer” crate engine and athletic handling
* Retains 85 percent of 2005 Mustang’s body components and reinforced versions of the race-inspired suspension designs.
* Nearly ready for a variety of series, or to be offer to weekend warriors as an affordable, factory-supplied race package.
It seems to be a tribute - how is a tribute a throw back? They haven't gone and taken 40 year old engines out of storage and put them in old cars from museums.. they have taken a new chassis, and new engines and simply "packaged and painted it to remind us of the past".

Nothing wrong with doing that.

I guess Mercedes did nothing innovative WRT the Maybach - that is after all a "throwback" to the past... :roll:

If you are going to offer opposing comment and try to encourage discussion, do it with an intelligent fact-based reply - not the incendiary drivel you just posted.

Either way - I will let the rest of the folks offer their supportive and intelligent responses to yours..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote