Thread: Porsche News
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 07:23 PM   #799
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chingachgook
Thanks for all st-anger! Great photos, in the group one the Enzo seems fast evn if ti's standing still, MMMH what a car!!! BTW,the SLR is nothing compared to the Enzo, CGT and Zonda...not so beautiful and it's not a supercar
...yeah, what a pitty it´s not...

...a supercar, ´cause i really like it´s look - from the outside, i just hate the interiour wtf...more or less the std. SL interiour, same materials, steering wheel like in a A-class , nothing special at all for 435k €... sorry no MB... :roll:

...at the IAA ´03 i´ve talked to a tech who has been involved in the developement of the SLR and he already told me that the SLR would never be a real competitor to the Enzo, CGT,... but MB and McLaren would like to sell it as a real alternative to those cars, but it´s simply too heavy.... it has been way lighter but MB wanted it to be more comfortable and stuff like that so now it´s just a very fast and expensive SL, and far behind to be a real supercar...
but we shouldn´t underestimate it, lathough it´s kinda heavy it´ll clock a very very fast lap time at the NS, i´m dead sure about that, we´ll have to wait and see, but i´m sure SA will get one this summer...hopefully...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote