View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 01:13 AM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:19 pm Post subject:

I just glanced at a mag (can't remember which one) and the CTS-V posted slower numbers for ALL tests than they had hoped.

Slower 0-60, slowr 0-100, slower 1/4.
you neglected to mention the problems they had with the car which is one of the main reason they had trouble with it. mainly, a leaking tire and a faulty engine temp sensor so they couldn't drive the car to its limits.
That's about par for the course considering the crap GM produces.

They cut cost corners so much - and quality control really sucks. Even on low volume models like the C5 Z06 they fucked up many, many cars with badly glued in windshields, side door jamb seal oozing out, badly aligned fender panels.

Not to mention the really bad paint work ... and then of course the repeat electrical and mechanical flaws in design and execution that are rampant throughout the C5 line up - and the same goes for the rest of GM's line up.

And before nayone jumps to the "I know a buddy with a C5 that is fine -" --- the car is ok as an occasional weekend driver - but it really is not upto dialy driving - especially not BMW/Mercedes/Porsche build quality.

Just spend a day at a busy service center like I did at one time - speaking to MANY drivers with almost brand news cars - repeat problems.

Typical GM to supply a piece of crap to a magazine - imagine the car that goes into the cars they sell.. *NOT*

(the above truth does not however stop me from having a blast ripping the streets up in my over-priced fibreglass cavalier... )
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote